Life would be so much easier if we were friends with the genie from Aladdin.
Rub the magic lamp. Say what you want…. then POOF! Your wish appears!
Unfortunately, we are only human, and we do not have access to a giant blue genie.
So… what do we do in order to get what we want and achieve our dreams? It all starts with dreaming BIG.
Your have to…
No one can accurately predict your future. (Not to mention, it would be a very boring life to live if you knew everything that was going to happen beforehand.) Abraham Lincoln said:
“The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
The future may be unpredictable, but the actions and mindset we have in the present moment can play a role in creating our future. You must think BIG about your life. Think BIG about what you want to accomplish. So here is our challenge to YOU.
THE CHALLENGE: Create a FUTURE PRESS RELEASE for yourself.
Imagine that it’s the year 2030, and you are being recognized for you accomplishments on the front page of a famous newspaper. What is the article about? What did you accomplish? Think big, focus on your goals, and write it down as if it is going out to the press!
Questions to ask yourself:
- What is your passion? What could happen if you explored your passion everyday?
- What is something you’d like to be recognized for?
- What is something that frustrates you about society/the world?
- What difference do you want to make in the world?
- How do you want others to perceive you?
Other Tips & Tricks:
- Quote yourself or make up quotes from others, capturing what they say about you.
- Is a specific title or company/brand you would like to be associate with/work for?
- Who wrote this article about you? Pick a famous journalist!
- Where was this article published? NY Times? Washington Street Journal? TIME Magazine? Pick one that excites you.
CLICK HERE to see an example of a Future Press Release written by Joan Kuhl from 2005 designing her future 5 years ahead to 2010!